Monday, May 9, 2016

Online Learning Companions (Monday, May 9, 2016)

Listening

1.CLB5L Listen to a phone message from a medical receptionist (Vocaroo) changing the date and time of an appointment
1-Who is this message from, and for whom?
from Jannatan for Tanya2-Write down the old and new appointment information.
Old one was on Saturday, it has been changed to Sep 21 at 3 pm
3-How does the speaker feel? How do you know?
he was sorry,i got it from this sentence: I am afraid that
4-Check your calendar and plan a call-back response. What better date/time can you suggest? What good reason can you give? Write out your notes.
Let me check out my schedule, well, that day is good, but can you change the time to 4 pm ?
 Because I have school at that time and it will take a time to get there.
5-Ask yourself: Did you identify specific factual details and implied meanings; formal and casual style and register; language functions; emotional states from tone and intonation; the situation and relationships between speakers; and feelings such as interest, likes/dislikes, preferences
.




Speaking

1.CLB5S Invite a friend, co-worker, or classmate to lunch.

1.First greet each other.

2.Partner A invites Partner B to a lunch on Saturday. B says no and gives a reason, but invites A to lunch the following Saturday. A agrees but wants to understand some detail that is not clear about the lunch (e.g. who all will be there, going dutch, time, venue).

Hamed: Hello Olivia, how are you doing?
Olivia: I'm good,how about you?
Hamed: fine, I've decided to celebrate my birthday at home next Saturday. would you like to come over and celebrate my birthday together.
Olivia: Really? Happy early birthday.I Would like to come but I'm working on weekends.That's why I'm not gonig to make it.
Hamed: Tank you.That's Okay.I Really wanted to see you.
Olivia: Same here, Are you free on Monday? We can get together and I want to take you for a steak dinner.
Hamed: That's nice of you to say.For sure, I'm free on Monday.
Olivia: Okay then see you Monday.
Hamed: See you.

3.End the conversation in a friendly way, and record it the other way as well--i.e. Partner B starts by inviting A to an event on Saturday.

3 comments:

  1. hi hamed i read your task that s is good i understand class still.
    tanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LISTENING:
    Did you identify
    Y 1. specific factual details and implied meanings;
    Y 2. formal and casual style and register;
    Y 3. language functions;
    Y 4. emotional states from tone and intonation;
    Y 5. the situation and relationships between speakers; and
    Y 6. feelings such as interest, likes/dislikes, preferences

    SPEAKING:
    Audio missing

    ReplyDelete