Monday, May 2, 2016

May 2, 2016 Monday's Assignment

Here are your tasks:
  1. Watch the video, and fill in the 10 blanks below. 
    1. Check your answers with 2 classmates: I did
    2. Sing the song by yourself and then together with a partner or two.
What differences in accent from Canadian English can you find in this song? 
Discuss your answers with a partner.
cold. lovely. making. hands. sitting. absolutely.still. head resting.and. she
      1. Any additional syllables? (lovely_loverly),(absolutely_absobloominlutely)
      2. Any vowel changes? cold,coal,face
      3. Any consonant changes?heat, hands,sitting,making.....
    1. Write down 10 things that happen when a person has a crush on someone or falls in love. How is it different in a different culture?


FILL IN THE BLANKS

COCKNEYS:
It's rather dull in town.
I think I'll take me to Paris.
Mmmmmm.

The missus wants to open up
The castle in Capri.
Mmmmmm.

Me doctor recommends a quiet summer by the sea.
Mmmm. Mmmm.
Wouldn't it be loverly?

ELIZA:
All I want is a __room__ somewhere,
__far__   away from the cold night air,
With one enormous __chair__.
Oh, wouldn't it be loverly?

Lots of __chocolate__  for me to eat.
Lots of coal makin' lots of 'eat.
Warm face, warm 'ands, warm __feet__.
Oh, wouldn't it be loverly?

Oh, so loverly sittin' absobloominlutely __still__.
I would never budge 'till __spring__
Crept over the windowsill.

Someone's 'ead restin' on my __knee__,
Warm an' __tender__  as 'e can be,
Who takes good __care__  of me.
Oh, wouldn't it be loverly?
Loverly, loverly, loverly, loverly.

No comments:

Post a Comment